Miss the chat? Check out the storify here.
Join us on Twitter today at 3pm ET / 12pm PT for a Twitter Town Hall on Forms of Activism, co-hosted by Asian Americans Advancing Justice, Asian Pacific American Labor Alliance, National Asian Pacific American Women’s Forum, National Religious Campaign Against Torture, Reappropriate, and South Asian Americans Leading Together
Find the questions @AAPIsResist or see below.
- Let’s get started. Show us how you #resist.
- During the #NoMuslimBanEver Week of Resistance, how can we protect and stand up for Muslim or perceived-to-be Muslim communities?
- Why do we say #NoMuslimBanEver?
- Let’s talk about state-sponsored violence. What does that include?
- How do we disrupt attempts to criminalize & oppress Muslim, immigrant, refugee, women, & POC communities? What does it mean 2 be an ally?
- #AAPIs are #NotYourModelMinority. Why is combatting this important? (
- This month is also #APAHM! Who in the #AAPI community is a role model of resistance?
- How can art be a form of #resistance?
- What are some tips for talking with family, friends and co-workers?
- How can our communities heal/deal with trauma? Why is self-care so important?
- How do I get plugged into #AAPI #resistance efforts near me?
Follow the co-hosts and the hashtag #AAPIsResist on Twitter:
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice – @AAAJ_AAJC
- Asian Pacific American Labor Alliance – @APALANational
- National Asian Pacific American Women’s Forum – @NAPAWF
- National Religious Campaign Against Torture – @NRCATtweets
- Reappropriate – @Reappropriate
- South Asian Americans Leading Together – @SAALTweets